Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

My Writing Time

I’m still fairly new to writing. I have several stories I'm working on and one that is from start to finish but don't feel it ready to be released out into the world yet. I've been writing for about five years but being married with six kids and two grand kids, it makes it difficult to focus.

As soon as I walk in the door my 'kids' swarm. And my husband is there in the mix too. Most of time I don’t bother to even bring out my laptop till everyone is in bed or it looks like this…


Baby-goat-climbing-swarm

Add a full time job and that’s even less time to spend in my imagination. I'm lucky enough to have a job that in my down time I can write but that down time is short.



After everyone is in bed it’s time for me to have some quality writing time. 


That's what it should look like... but I'd say what's below is what normally happens...



I'm tired when everyone else finally goes to bed. Going to bed before the crack of dawn so I can function at work is the grown up thing to do. So that's what I do. 

Some day I might have the time and quiet I need to write a full book within a year. For now I squeeze in the words when I can and spend the time with my family that they need from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment