Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Unheard


Unheard

My heart is heavy with the knowledge that my opinions don’t matter.
       I think, I’m ignored.
       I study, I’m told, learn something else.
       I hope, I’m told, don’t bother.

My heart suffers with the knowledge my actions don’t matter.
       I walk, I’m told, that’s not enough.
       I climb, I’m told, that should be done a different way.
       I run, I’m told, you should have been better.

               

My heart aches with the knowledge my words don’t matter.
       I whisper, I’m not heard.
       I speak, I’m told, it’s not that way.
       I scream, I’m told, you’re wrong.

My heart bleeds with the knowledge that I have…
       Never been…
       Never can be…
       Never will be…


                    …good enough.


        

No comments:

Post a Comment